Figure I would post these here

Picked up a D2X on Friday for a great deal with an option for returning in 15 days. Today I shot a swim meet with it after spending hours researching the various setting for both the camera and Capture and PS.
This camera requires one to be on there toes at all times but when done right delivers a great picture. I have to say that capture is the weak link of the deal it is so slow when working with the files. Well lots to learn here so here are a few from today.
This kid set a team and pool record in the 15-18 Individual Medley, which consists of two laps of each of the four strokes
Breast
original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butterfly
View attachment 11708
Backstroke
View attachment 11709
Freestyle
View attachment 11710
Here is one more still about 200 shots to go

View attachment 11711

Mike

Did you upgrade Capture to 4.3 it's not that slow anymore,mind you still slower than with the H, but I think you take the weakness and keep the X
replied in the other forum on the pictures

PS CS2 is faster than Capturebut I don't like the camera raw capture is still my favorite to work on shots with the X

hans said:
Mike

Did you upgrade Capture to 4.3 it's not that slow anymore,mind you still slower than with the H, but I think you take the weakness and keep the X
replied in the other forum on the pictures

PS CS2 is faster than Capturebut I don't like the camera raw capture is still my favorite to work on shots with the X
Hans
I too agree I liek to use capture for my RAW proccessing, thanks for the kind words I just might keep this camera :D

Catz said:
Mike,

Nice job as usual but I wanted to know did you use the high crop feature for these?

Thanks,
Mellisa
Thanks and no these were shot without the HSC, I did shot some others in HSC framign is a little tough but you get the hang of it after a while

That's what I am talking about, you need to bring your bathing suit to view these images because you are going to feel like you are getting wet!

Now if I could get half the quality out of my D2X I would be happy, but I am still trying.

mcampos said:
That's what I am talking about, you need to bring your bathing suit to view these images because you are going to feel like you are getting wet!

Now if I could get half the quality out of my D2X I would be happy, but I am still trying.
Thanks Mike I enjoy the swim season it si a lot of fun to shoot. I still have miles to go before I am comfortable with this camera

You are welcome Mike, those deserve the praise.

What lens did you use? Do you find yourself having to be more careful when handholding the D2X in comparison to other cameras?

I was shooting the 70-200VR without the VR since it is not functioning and I need to send it in for repair, but wanted to wait till after swimming season.
I find you have to be very careful about support when using the d2x it shows every little bit of motion blur. I shot these with the 70-200 mounted on a mono pod.

Latest threads

Top Bottom