1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

File numbering

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by foto1139, Jul 4, 2008.

1. foto1139

foto1139

Feb 6, 2006
    I've been using the two slots 1 for raw and 2 for jpegs. I seem to reach a point where I lose track of the exposures and whats left on which card.
    Given two equal sized cards the card recording raw will fill first and the camera will stop, after replacing the card the remaining shots on the jpeg card are
    displayed. Will the camera stop when the jpeg card is filled? I've never reached that point, I generally will replace that card before it fills and then I've got a new number, which I assume is the shots remaining on the raw card. Is there a way to tell how many exposures are on a particular card at a given time? How do use the two slot (raw-jpeg) setup?
    thank you...jb

2. Page 71 of the manual speaks to this, and says that the shutter release will stop working when either card is full. The top LCD and viewfinder shoudl show remaining images on the card with the least capacity remaining, when shooting in RAW Card 1 / JPEG Card 2.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.