1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Fill Flash with the SB400 is great!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Steve S, May 2, 2007.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Took these moments apart with my D200/18-200VR, the 1st w/o fill flash, the 2nd using my new little bitty SB400. Settings identical, and no PP done in post beyond raw conversion and reduction for web (w/sharpening added using Fred Miranda's Web Presenter Pro).
    No Flash:
    original.

With SB400:
    View attachment 93452

A little fun shot. I told Bunny to "GET THE GEESE!" Good dog!
    View attachment 93453

2. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    And this is the reason I am going to get the SB400...great little flash from what I have seen. Good shots, and cute pup!

3. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Nice. As soon as someone developes a hinge to go between the cam and the flash, it will be a huge hit for those of us who want to ceiling bounce in portrait orientation.

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks Dave,

Amazingly, I had the cam in Portrait orientation, and it still worked ok! There aren't any sometimes confusing adjustments on the flash either. All exp adjustments are done with the camera. These 2 were done with 0 Exp Comp. Ya, my Bunny is going to be 7 this summer! She's a whole 6 lbs of fightin' fury! :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.