Film Filter Emulation

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by gbenic, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Using the settings from THIS site, I applied different filters to the same image using the channel mixer. His settings and explanations are pretty good. It helps to see the changes each one does.

Original color:

[​IMG]

No filter:

[​IMG]

Red filter:

[​IMG]

Green filter:

[​IMG]

Blue filter:

[​IMG]

Yellow filter:

[​IMG]

Orange filter:

[​IMG]

Yellow-Green filter:

[​IMG]

Hi Contrast:

[​IMG]

I didn't do any other PP to these images, just the suggested settings. I am hoping someone else finds it interesting and does some experimenting.

2. husawis

husawis Guest

GreG - something you might like to try before you do any conversion or filter is to use the USM at 30,60,0 if you have not done any USM in NX. If you are converting in NX use the USM at 55, 15, 0 before taking to CS2. Then USM at 20, 60. I find that these little changes before any B&W conversion make filter effects more film-like when I use them. Give it a try and see if it is useful.

3. Thanks for the advice. I will definitely give that a shot.

This particular image was originally captured on film.

4. Peano

Peano

Jun 22, 2006
    Washington, D.C.
  5. neat site and interesting examples you have shown Greg