Film Processing

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by DaveO, Jun 5, 2011.

1. DaveO

DaveO

Apr 14, 2011
    Crossville, Tn
    I have posted this on a few other forums and have gotten little and no response to it. I just got my invoice for processing, printing, and a mid-priced scan for a 35 exp roll of Ektar 100 from NCPS for about $ 31. Can anyone suggest a less expensive processor that does good work. I have price lists from The Photo Place, Dwaynes, and Holland Photo. All are around half the price. Does anyone have experience with these companies and can comment on their quality. I was trying out a new to me camera with Sonnar lens and I sent it to NCPS to see the quality of the lens. I am tempted to try Walmart now that they send the film to Fuji. Has anyone tried them and are you satisfied?

DaveO

2. I have and still send my film out to Fuji by way of Walmart. No prints nd no scans as I scan it myself. The cost is under $3!! My only problem is the turn around time for 120 film (over two weeks). I also sent FujiChrome for processing only and they mounted the slides. Oh well no problem as I scan the mounterd slides anyway. They process 35mm faster and no problems with the development. A quick process for C41 is walgreens. The quality varies depending on who is there. Processing only is a couple of bucks

3. DaveO

DaveO

Apr 14, 2011
    Crossville, Tn
    Walgreens does process film here, but their prints are inconsistent. Walmart is the only alternative in this town.

DaveO

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2011
  4. Never mind. The place I was going to recommend isn't that inexpensive!

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Do you need proof prints? That is where the expense is. I get my 35mm C-41 film developed at Wallgreens for about $3 a roll.

6. DaveO

DaveO

Apr 14, 2011
    Crossville, Tn
    prints

Their price for prints ( $ 2.75 ) is way too high unless they offer cheaper ones.

DaveO

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.