Filters, a question (more of a cry for help).

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Richard Peters, Apr 8, 2007.

1. First of all sorry if this isn't the best place for this thread but I thought seeing as its about filters for landscape photography it would get the most exposure to the right people in here.

I am want to buy a filter system but am unsure what to go for. I have my eye on the Lee system as I have read they are a good compromise between quality and cost. Also that they work well with wide angle lenses, and I will be using whatever I buy with my 12-24.

I want to buy at least one GND but am unsure what one(s) would be best suited, a 0.3, 0.6 or 0.9? I was going to buy a set of all three but its been suggested by someone that a 0.9 is the best one to go for.

Any suggestions on what I should get would be most appreciated, and also any examples of photos taken with filters on would be great too.

Thanks all :)

2. I found some very nice Hitech GND's at http://www.teamworkphoto.com/hitech.html, and they're on your side of the pond. Great people to deal with and the filters are wonderful. Check them out and good luck with whatever brand you choose. I'm a fan of GND's, too.