Filters for Alaska?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Paintguru, May 15, 2007.

1. Paintguru

Paintguru

Dec 28, 2006
    Detroit, MI
    For those that have gone to Alaska, what filters have you found to be a "must" for the trip? I'm trying to get what I need for my trip in June, but don't want to waste my money of useless filters that I can simply PP in after the fact. Thanks.

2. Polarizer. I lived in Alaska for a year and used only a CP. That was in the film days and I did some experimenting with a tobacco filter but generally a CP helps with the intense sun on sunny days and with color saturation on overcast days.

3. Paintguru

Paintguru

Dec 28, 2006
    Detroit, MI
    Thanks. That is what I was thinking, but I just wanted to check with the masses first.