1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Finally, a camera strap that I like...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryan Scott, Sep 28, 2008.

1. I just had to make it myself. I took an old Minolta neck strap(my D300's strap was just too pretty[and rigid] to use), cut it, removed the threads from the leather ends, and re-sewed everything shorter. It works great.

I've always disliked regular neck straps because of how much they get in the way while shooting and switching from portrait to landscape shooting. I almost bought one of the hand straps but decided against it because of having to take your hand out to shoot vertical w/ the grip. Most camera wrist straps are too light duty and often not long enough to reach from your wrist when shooting vertical. I searched everywhere for a strap like this, to no avail. I'm surprised no one makes one like this.

Sorry for the lousy iphone pics:

2897133594_36f4d1c579_o.
    iPhone    ---       f/2.8      

2896289839_78421730cd_o.
    iPhone    ---       f/2.8      

2896289953_91314c5497.

2897133668_1d76903fed.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2008
  2. yendikeno

yendikeno

Mar 31, 2008
    CA
    Nice idea - thanks for sharing.

3. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Great idea!

4. Brilliant! I will be doing this one.

5. Hi Ryan-Scott, I was just thinking of this, they seel very simliar things on ebay, grips that screw onto the tripod screw.
    THIS here on ebay, quite cheap at just under £6, including P&P.
    Either way, I like the idea of yours, and im sure youll find endless time using it, thanks,
    Tom.

6. Tom,
    That's the type of grip I mentioned disliking because you need to take your hand out of the strap to shoot vertically with the grip. I think it would be a pain and I'd end up shooting portraits by just spinning my wrist rather than using the grip, which I'd much rather prefer. Thanks though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.