Finally after all that talk talk talk, it is a boy

Well I guess the world can continue spinning now, and everyone can go back to what they were doing now that the royal birth is history.

Lest hope the media finds another subject.

So much for a relaxing evening in front of the telly. It's on just about every channel. There are huge presumptions being made about how much we, the general public actually care :mad:

Well the sons of William the Conqueror were: Henry, William, Robert and Richard. I kinda like the last though. :tongue:

A hearty congratulations to all our Brit friends!

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Well the sons of William the Conqueror were: Henry, William, Robert and Richard. I kinda like the last though. :tongue:

Rich, did you know that the one name it certainly won't be given is Richard? It is has been outlawed for royal use since Richard III, the last one. You remember what he did. They don't want to be reminded.

Well, you know that royal babies do not just have one name. William is William Arthur Philip Louis. So if you want to guess the name, you have a few chances of getting at least one of them right :)

I have a feeling that since they are a modern couple, her family names will figure in there somewhere. Perhaps Michael after her father. I don't know what her grandfather's names were.

We'll just have to wait a few days and see.

Carole Emma Elizabeth May :)
who has dual citizenship (US/UK)
:smile:

Well I guess the world can continue spinning now, and everyone can go back to what they were doing now that the royal birth is history.

Most of us will be pushing up daisies long before this young prince is ready to ascend the throne...... IMHO the intense worldwide interest here is not just because William and Kate are continuing "the circle of life," -- this event is all so much more poignant because so many of us have memories of William's mother. Every photo I see of William, especially every time I see him smile....evokes Diana. Many of us remember back to that beautiful wedding ceremony that united Diana and Charles in marriage. Yes, it all went wrong later, so terribly terribly wrong, but even at that, Diana was such a charismatic and compelling world presence that even now, years after her death, she is still remembered. Now....her oldest son flashes a smile.....and there's Diana once again.

Anyway, some articles I've read or comments I've heard have suggested that perhaps the new Royal baby will have a name which includes "Spencer," which to me makes perfect sense. That is a way for William to honor his heritage -- his mother and her side of his family -- and it is a name which would fit nicely in among the other two or three other names with which the wee bairn will be blessed.

OH NO WE CAN'T You wanna live here in the UK, I have just got over the national news programme being cut out because Andy M's semi final game went to a 5th set and now this, my wife is threatening to divorce me (again) and what about all those women queuing for hours just awaiting the announcement!, yes I am a royalist but if the IQ of all of them were totalled would it make double figures?, now where is that crate of wine!

woke up at 4:00am this morning to go to work turned the radio on and this is all i have heard for the last 20 hours. call the poor boy James least that way we can call him Jim when he comes down to australia, but i'll be an old man by then

Isn't that the scary thing though, he could be King in the 22nd century and we'll all be long dead by the time it happens!

I never understood the fascination of the royal family to be honest, especially in the US given the history between our two countries. But, then again, I don't understand the one with sports either, so...

In any case, I hope he grows up to be a decent role model for anyone that looks to him as such.

Latest threads

Top Bottom