1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

finally decided

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by mood, Jul 20, 2007.

1. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    going to sell 18-200 VR
    buy 70-300 VR
    find new/ used 17-55
    I decided out past 150mm, the 300 is probably sharper
    and the wide end I have 12-24 Tokina, 35 f2 and a 50mm
    I'll get the 17-55 for walk around fast zoom
    and still have 80-200 2.8 for more serious longer end

tried the 35-70 but just don't like the wide end enough

thanks for listening....lol

2. I think your kit makes a lot of sense to me, You are going to be a very happy camper with the 17-55. Remember that it is sharp at F2.8 already excellent for indoor use.....Peaks at F4-F7 or so slight degradation (gentle landing) at F11. Don't be afraid to use it for landscapes at F5.

As for the 70-300mm I think you are absolutley right, it will easily be sharper at the long end. And flexible. The 300mm F4 AF-S would be an even sharper long lens, without VR and the zoom flexibility though...

Let us all know how it goes and your impressions....

3. Makes senses, I loved the 18-200 and will probably get another one in the future, sold it a couple of months ago to get the 17-55 just waited for the right deal to come along. You will love it, I have found it very practical so far.

4. nykonian

nykonian

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Frank, that's a very good decision. 17-55 is one of the best and most useful range. 18-200VR is nothing special. I am going to sell mine, too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.