1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Finally found a portrait I like!

Discussion in 'People' started by Jonathan F/2, Jun 17, 2005.

1. My ex-girlfriend snapped this shot when I coming home. I actually like it! I never like shots of myself! This shot was snapped with a D70 and 18-70 DX. In the background is my LA city 'hood! It's a little rough, but I call it home now. :p 

[​IMG]

2. Hey, that's a cool shot JF... I like your posture and equipment as well as both your ...hoods... ;-)

3. Nice image Jonathan. I like the way your ex-girlfriend chose to compose the shot.

4. Yeah we always butt heads on photographic technique. She shoots her way, I shoot my way. :p 

5. Jonathan,

Great shot.

How is your flash mounted ? DIY type bracket ?

6. Hi Jay,

It's a straight video bracket you can get at any camera shop. It's used mainly by press photographers who shoot in the vertical portrait mode the majority of the time. I use it when I don't feel like hauling my stroboframe. :) 

7. Jonathan,

Great idea. I will have to get one of them.

BTW. How are you making out in your rough 'hood with a Yankee cap on :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.