1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Finally got a 14-24 f/2.8

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by trynforpar, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Well I finally broke down a purchased a 14-24 f/2.8. I will be using it with a D300 and I am now wondering how the lense will operate with a DX camera. Did a make a wise choice or a bad impulse decision??? Your expertise is appreciated..

2. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    I would like to see some of your images with that combination (D300 and 14-24 f/2.8).

3. It may have been an impulse, but at least it's a good quality lens that's unique in it's class. Challenge yourself to prove it was worth it by making some good pictures.

4. FatBoy

FatBoy

Jan 5, 2008
    Shanghai, China
    Hey, I know the feeling, someone offered me a decent price for my 17-55 and on the same afternoon as I sold it off, I got the 14-24. Two things I was thinking was that first this lens will become a classic so better get it, now that the price is quite reasonable and second, this one is suitable for FX eventhough I'm still on DX, but I don't want to limit myself. And this was even before the D700 was announced, so now I'm even more convinced that I did the right thing.

And now I'm thinking to get a cheap film camera like the F100 to already get a feel of the whole 'full frame' thing at 14mm.

5. I guess the only way whether they both are compatible is take a few shots and see how they look...:biggrin:

6. great lens....
    enjoy
    but....

once again......

icon_ttiwwop.

7. FatBoy

FatBoy

Jan 5, 2008
    Shanghai, China
    Agree...here are some of the 14-24 on my D2...:biggrin:

BBZ_130420080630.

BBZ_133920080630.

8. Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I should get out and take some pics with this lense and let's see what happens.

9. barisaxer

barisaxer

Apr 6, 2006
    Albany OR
    I sold my great 12-24 nikon lens after getting this it was that much sharper. I will now look for something wider at some point but if I get t d700 it will be my ultrawide rig. This lens is scary sharp...

10. Please explain

Please explain what you mean by this statement. Did you sell your 12-24 for another lense and if so what lense did you purchase in it's place. Were you not happy with the 12-24 and the DX combination?

11. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    I seem to be having some back focus issues with my new 14-24 and the D200. Not really sure what to do about it. I bought the lens for my upcoming D700, but for now all I have is the 200...
    It's an outstanding lens by opinion. Right now, I just can't get the most out of it...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.