1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Finally got a 85 1.8

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by pr549f2678, Jul 10, 2007.

1. pr549f2678

pr549f2678

Jun 26, 2007
    central Fl
    In my earlier post, I was asking about using my 70-200 at 85mm because I could not find a 85 lens, well guess what? I found one yesterday and I hope to have it by this weekend so later on I might be asking questions about this lens as the best way to use it.
    Thanks for all the answers on my other post.

Phil....:smile:

2. Congratulations! I'm sure you'll love that gem of a lens. My only advice is to be sure to nail the focus EXACTLY if shooting at 1.8. DOF is pretty thin there. Just use it and enjoy. Show us some photos when yoou get it.

3. So true!

The DOF is thin alrite even with my 85 1.4 at F2. I still need more practice to nail the focus at those settings but when the focus is spot on...DAMN you'll get sharp image.

But you'll enjoy the 85 for sure! I'm with mine :biggrin:

BTW just to share an image of what the 85 can do at F2.

767648423_fc20051602_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.