Finally got a new ISS picture.

Finally got another picture of the ISS. This shot is from a pass on 5/15/2021. Bright enough to get details since they added new appendages over the years from my last good picture in 2009.

Extreme pixel peeping! Z7, 46mp raw, 500mm PF, 1/2000 sec, ISO 8000, and as it turns out hand held since it was almost overhead and the tripod was useless. Used ON1, Affinity Photo, and a screen grab to capture the image. I had to be careful not to let the software interpolate any pixels, only adjust exposure, a few levels and zoom (not enlarge).

The pixels in the image are from the screen grab, I could never get to actual pixel level with the software. The bigger blobs may indicate actual Z7 pixels, who knows.

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 12.19.22 PM screen.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ron

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Quite a capture! I often use a tripod shooting straight overhead when shooting architecture. By adjusting the pull-out LCD I can see the image without straining. Of course, my tripod is tall enough to allow positioning the camera above my eye level. On1 doesn't reflect pixel level viewing?

Quite a capture! I often use a tripod shooting straight overhead when shooting architecture. By adjusting the pull-out LCD I can see the image without straining. Of course, my tripod is tall enough to allow positioning the camera above my eye level. On1 doesn't reflect pixel level viewing?
Thanks.

Tried tracking the moving ISS with the screen, could not even find it. The arc in the sky for this pass was 6 minutes, but it was overhead only about 2 of those minutes and I was busy grabbing 7 shot brackets, and changing the starting exposure and focus during some of those bracketed shots. All you can see is a dot of light, no image.

It is about the size of Mars on the screen at 500MM. ON1 wont save anything larger than a 1:1 enlargement that I could figure out, so I enlarged, exported to Affinity, zoomed in best I could, then on a Mac you can change the screen resolution on the fly so I enlarged temporarily and did the screen grab. Probably not the best work flow but this not a usual thing to do.

Latest threads

Top Bottom