Finally got my 10.5 FishEye. Question.

Hello All,
I'm so excited!!! I just got my FishEye purchased from a member here in the Cafe. (Thanks Jason).

The thing is I noticed a mark inside the lens: It's not on the front element glass, it's rather below it. I think it's on the black ring inside. It doesn't seem to affect the photos, so I'm not worried about it.
I'm curious to know what you guys think. Here are the photos.
Thank you so much :smile:
DSC_1361.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_1362.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

my fisheye had the exact samething. It looks like paint scraped off the black area behind the glass.
It isn't a problem for me either but I think its something the seller should have noted in the sale

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm not too worried as long as it doesn't affect the photos or get worse.
I cannot replace it or send it to Nikon as I had it shipped to my country far, far away from the US :smile:
I guess it must be a known issue with these lenses???

I think that is a tool mark from Nikon when they were assembling it. I've heard of other fisheyes with that. It isn't terribly uncommon. It won't bother anything except people with OCD.

Hahaha!!! Great!! Thanks a lot guys :) I can't wait to try some landscape shots with this bad boy!!!!
What is the best filter or application you use to defish?
Thank you All.

Hahaha!!! Great!! Thanks a lot guys :) I can't wait to try some landscape shots with this bad boy!!!!
What is the best filter or application you use to defish?
Thank you All.

Checked mine and lucky for me no marks.
Shoot low and you'll see when you raise the camera up and down you'll get the horizon level.
No filters are available that i know of.
Yep defish when needed.

Sorry, I meant a Photoshop Filter, not actual fil;ter for the lens, although I noticed that you can insert a cut out filter on the bayonette side of the lens!! Coool :smile:
Anyway, which application is best to defish?

Sorry, I meant a Photoshop Filter, not actual fil;ter for the lens, although I noticed that you can insert a cut out filter on the bayonette side of the lens!! Coool :smile:
Anyway, which application is best to defish?

A lot of people use the Hemi Plug-in here.

However, I don't know why you're in such a hurry to "de-fish" if you just got the lens and haven't even tried it yet. You can get LOTS of interesting images without "de-fishing".

A lot of people use the Hemi Plug-in here.

However, I don't know why you're in such a hurry to "de-fish" if you just got the lens and haven't even tried it yet. You can get LOTS of interesting images without "de-fishing".

Thanks for your reply :smile:
I'm in no hurry to defish, I just would like to experiment on some landscape shots. I got the lens for that effect! But I would like to tinker a bit!!!

I have a similar mark in mine as well.

Oh thanks!!! So there's nothing to worry about!!! It's a relief nonetheless :smile:
Thanks a lot for your input! Greatly appreciated.

Latest threads

Top Bottom