finally got out to shoot again...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by manzico, Apr 3, 2007.

1. School is not letting up, but I manages a brief trip to the botanical gardens:

#1:
    original.
    An interesting side note, the flower has absolutely no content in the blue channel... it's pitch black there.

#2:
    original.
    I was going for a really deep black with a lot of contrast in the veins (I guess that's what you'd call them) in the leaves

#3:
    original.
    how cool is it that these grew like this

#4:
    original.
    I processed this one in black and white too, I like the way that turned out, but I usually get requests for the color versions when I do both so I figured I'd skip right to that this time.

#5:
    original.
    Some interesting channel mixing on this one. I've got a wider angle shot of this as well.

As always, comments and criticisms are greatly appreciated.

Dave

2. Great composition as usual David! Always enjoy you abstract and tight shots.

Looks like you are trying something different with the first one, I like the dreamy ambience and the sharp and out of focus background. Very interesting!

Regards,
    Jonathan

3. That shot was so hard to take. The exposure was really hard to get right. The camera kept under exposing. I'm sure part of it had to do with the bright background on the right, but even when I switched to spot metering and metered off of the flower it still underexposed. Because of the orientation of the camera and the position of the sun, I figured it was light getting in through the eyepiece so I put the eyepiece cover on. It improved things, but it was still a little off and so I had to add some exposure compensation. Very weird.

Dave