1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Finally !!!! Got some Green Heron captures.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by russowl, Aug 10, 2008.

1. russowl

russowl

Jun 9, 2008
    Lima,Ohio
    Finally after a long time got my first Green Heron captures,, not what i want in the way of quality but hey ,,, I have found em and will get more oppurtunities. Also seen some Kingfishers there too, another of my quests.Know the background isn't the best setting ,makes for some busy contrast ,, any tips are appreiciated. Sure need to get closer to them.
    _DSC1463.
    View attachment 238176
    View attachment 238177

2. nice shots
    interesting perspective on that first one

thanks for sharing

3. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Hey russ was that over in Lima? Great pics BTW.

4. russowl

russowl

Jun 9, 2008
    Lima,Ohio
    Yes Steve,, was on Blue Lick road,, by the underpass where the twin ponds are and the damn.. was 3 green herons ,, might have been more ,,, and also osme kingfishers,,, good place ,,, Ford PLant is just aorund the corner ,,, good place as ya can park and get out ,, move about.....

5. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Kewl. I'm gonna have to come up there...again.

6. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Congrats on finding them...they are quirky little things and get a bit skiddish, but stick with it. Nice that you found 2 of them together...

7. Congrats on Finding them and getting the captures!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.