Finally got to shoot new lens

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Bigmuddy, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Bigmuddy

Bigmuddy

Feb 28, 2007
    Ohio
    Last weekend I finally got to shoot with my new 70-200 2.8. There were about 8 games going on at the same time so I took shots from all of them.
    Here area just a few, still learning the controls on the lens but so far I love it :Love:. These were all handheld on a sunny/cloudy day.

#1 - Loved the facial expression
    [​IMG]
    #2 - Got the bat on the ball
    [​IMG]
    #3 - This little guy caused an uproar between both of the teams coaches. As soon as the batter stepped into the batters box he was firing the pitch.
    [​IMG]

2. mcwb01

mcwb01

Jul 21, 2007
    Arlington, VA
    Nice Shots. I like the expression also. I need to get more action shots. I know I'll have a lot when my kid gets older.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats on getting the news lens Brian, you are going to love it. Your baseball shots look great and they are going to get even better.

4. Wow, these are great and you're going to love shooting with this glass for a long time to come!

5. nice shots Brian. Given that it's my only big (fast) glass, I love it as well :biggrin: I got a TC17 this spring and it's been a good addition as long as I watch my max focal length.

6. Very nice the 70-200 is a great lens and works very well with the 1.4 to give you 320mm at f4

7. Bigmuddy

Bigmuddy

Feb 28, 2007
    Ohio
    Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I am kind of pleased with these images, but I see alot of room for improvment.

- Chris & Mike, the TC1.7 or 1.4 has been on my list since I bought the 70-200. I am going to start looking this week and should have one soon.

8. i would not buy the tc for the 70-200
    for a prime it works very well but i won't use it on my 70-200
    IQ is noticably reduced imo

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice images

TC worked fine on mine when I had it:>))
    Used the nikon 1.7

10. chrisnck

chrisnck

Jul 19, 2007
    mass
    yeah I cant love without my 70-200