FINALLY! My first mallard shot

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Bubba, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    This is one of the pics I took last week using Frank's D70. I hope the color is ok. My monitor here at home doesn't seem to be quite perfect ( I really need to calibrate it at some point ;) )

Thanks again, Frank, for the opportunity.
    [​IMG]

Critiques are always welcome!

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Brandon, this is a pretty good shot. :wink: I really like the way that you can see into the water. It really gives the shot depth.

We just need to get over this 2.5 release, and then we can go do some real shooting. 8)

Frank

3. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Frank. I agree!!!!!! I'm SOO ready to take a couple of days, load you and all that equipment up and head out to try and get an eagle shot or two. I'm hoping to get that teleconverter for my CP before then, though after spending about $550 :( :shock: on my car today, that ain't likely to happen too soon

4. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Buba

Don't tell anyone, but I really like mallards..even though lost of folks frown on them :)

Nice shot.....maybe a little of Frank rubbed off on his camera!

5. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    I won't say a word ;)
    Thanks, Jim. I think it must have because that's a better shot than most of mine. Then again, Frank was beside me so it was likely just the fact that he was in the vicinity.

6. Way to go Brandon!! Nice reflection! :D :D :D

7. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    thanks Bryan.

8. Colors look good Bubba, and you also have nice detail in the feathers. I would say that you have done well with the D70.

9. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    I think this is a wonderful shot Bubba I love mallards down here in south Fl we hardly ever get one. One thing I have found is how much the color of the bird can change depending upon the season age of the bird, diet and perhaps most important to us as photographers the angle the light is hitting the bird. I have a mallard picture that people have told me I cranked up the satuation way to far and infact It is right out of the camera the head is so green. If you get a chance look at my picture of the hummingbird half the neck got direct sun and the other didn't look at the color diffrence.

10. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks, Gordon.

Thanks, Huskey. I looked at the hummer for the 13th time ;) and I see what you mean. It's amazing what a little sun does to the colors on a bird. My son LOVED that hummer pic.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    WOW what a great shot..

12. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks, Gale!