Finally some sun!

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by virtuamike, Mar 23, 2005.

1. It wasn't much but I was still able to sneak in an hour of shooting today. Flowers aren't my thing but I borrowed a 105 2.8 for the week so figured I should try it out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Personally I'm very impressed with the 105. Great colors and contrast. Bokeh can get a little messy though. Love the feel of the focus ring. It was windy and the D70 VF made it tough to work with but I managed.

Rest can be viewed here (named by lens):
    http://naruto.ucdavis.edu/images/20050323

Critique away :D

2. dkapp

dkapp

Mar 18, 2005
    San Francisco
    #1 & 2 are my favorites. #1 has a great balance with the 2 flowers. Other than that, I can't comment much. Not being a flower guy, I'd have to say they are pretty.

BTW...You really need to set up a gallery :D

Dave

3. OH WOW!! Way to go Mike!! :) :) :) :)

4. Nicely done Mike. I too own that lens and find it to be really good for certain types of photography. You have some good images here.

5. Nice, especially the first one has a very harmonic radiance.
    regards

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice Mike. One of these days, when / if birdie shooting gets boring (really never, I hope....;-)), I'm going to get a macro lens and go after some shots like these. I too like #1 and #2 the best.

Thanks for posting.

Frank

7. Hi Mike, flower beauties. My favorites are #1 and #2. In #1, the two flowers shapes are nicely balanced. Just a minor comment on the #1 : I would like to see a bit more space at the top of the image. Congrats, you have a great work