Finally....Spring is here

(I can't believe I am actually doing this, am I turning into a birder!!?? :eek: )

After an endless and protracted winter, spring has finally arrived. The branches are budding and nest building is in full swing.
I have no experience with birds, so bear with me - nothing fancy here. Just the fun to be out in my back yard without 3 layers of clothing and snow boots - yesss!!

D2x, Nikkor Ai-S 300mm f/2.8 with TC-14E (cropped)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Frits, feel free to send Charlo up instead! It don't have to be birds by no means at all. That would also give a nice spring picture for sure. :biggrin:

Enjoy the spring!

I think you shot is very nice and that birdie looks nice and sure add to the image.

OMG, this is fun!

Stepped out for another quick one (Can I still turn around and run??? Next I am going to want "bird glass" and I will REALLY be in trouble :eek: ).

D2x. Nikkor Ai-S 300mm f/2.8 with TC-201 (cropped)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You're sliding down a very slippery slope, Frits!!! Birding = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Thankfully, my lens size is limited by the ability to handle it inside a kayak otherwise I'd be in the 200-400VR Club leaving my sobbing VISA card at home.

Knowing PJohnP can be an expensive friendship!! :wink:

You're sliding down a very slippery slope, Frits!!! Birding = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Thankfully, my lens size is limited by the ability to handle it inside a kayak otherwise I'd be in the 200-400VR Club leaving my sobbing VISA card at home.

Knowing PJohnP can be an expensive friendship!! :wink:
:smile: :smile: No 200-400VR on my wish list, nor do I care for any VR lens for that matter.
My desires would be modest: I'd like an Ai-S 400mm f/3.5 (maybe an f/2.8 if I stretched it), or (if really stretching it) a Nikkor 500mm f/4.0P.

Realistically, an Ai-S 400mm f/3.5 would do just fine.

My wife says "gee why don't you pick not one but two expensive hobbies?" Bird photography and golf are the two most enjoyable things I do not counting family. Enjoy Frits!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom