Finally....Spring is here

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Frits, May 1, 2007.

1. (I can't believe I am actually doing this, am I turning into a birder!!?? :eek: )

After an endless and protracted winter, spring has finally arrived. The branches are budding and nest building is in full swing.
    I have no experience with birds, so bear with me - nothing fancy here. Just the fun to be out in my back yard without 3 layers of clothing and snow boots - yesss!!

D2x, Nikkor Ai-S 300mm f/2.8 with TC-14E (cropped)
    original.

2. Frits, feel free to send Charlo up instead! It don't have to be birds by no means at all. That would also give a nice spring picture for sure. :biggrin:

Enjoy the spring!

3. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Nice shot, Frits. I find myself shooting birds alot more after a couple of trips to Alabama.

4. BirdLady

BirdLady

Jan 8, 2006
    Alabama
    Nice shot, Frits. Bird photography is addicting.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I think you shot is very nice and that birdie looks nice and sure add to the image.

6. OMG, this is fun!

Stepped out for another quick one (Can I still turn around and run??? Next I am going to want "bird glass" and I will REALLY be in trouble :eek: ).

D2x. Nikkor Ai-S 300mm f/2.8 with TC-201 (cropped)
    original.

7. You're sliding down a very slippery slope, Frits!!! Birding = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Thankfully, my lens size is limited by the ability to handle it inside a kayak otherwise I'd be in the 200-400VR Club leaving my sobbing VISA card at home.

Knowing PJohnP can be an expensive friendship!! :wink:

8. DoorMan

DoorMan Guest

It is addicting - Nice photos Frits.

9. :smile: :smile: No 200-400VR on my wish list, nor do I care for any VR lens for that matter.
    My desires would be modest: I'd like an Ai-S 400mm f/3.5 (maybe an f/2.8 if I stretched it), or (if really stretching it) a Nikkor 500mm f/4.0P.

Realistically, an Ai-S 400mm f/3.5 would do just fine.

10. But who wants to be realistic?

Nice photos Frits.

Now, take off early and get in some golf.
    :smile:

11. BTW, forgot to put in the beginning: nice spring shots!!! Isn't it nice to finally see those little buds coming out.. :smile:

12. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    My wife says "gee why don't you pick not one but two expensive hobbies?" Bird photography and golf are the two most enjoyable things I do not counting family. Enjoy Frits!

13. I'm with you on both! :smile: