1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Finally... the 70-200mm VR

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by chrisyd, Jul 20, 2008.

1. I finally pulled the trigger on a brand new (USA model) 70-200VR on Ebay. The live.com and Ebay coupons made it a bit easier to pass by the wife as a must have.:wink: Thanks to those in the live.com thread that helped me along to assure correct procedure. I'm very excited to finally have a "pro style" lens and hope to use it to it's fullest capabilities. No sleep tonight cause Christmas came early!!!:biggrin:

2. tlong

tlong

May 25, 2008
    Southeast, USA
    I think it is even better than you can imagine! I love mine! Congrats!

3. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    Congrats!!

Just got mine a week ago and it hasn't been off my camera since, you'll have a good time.

Edit - Time to update your sig :wink:

4. Great lens, you'll love it!

5. congrats
    you will love it.... as everyone has said
    good luck
    post some images soon

6. Dee200

Dee200

Jul 17, 2008
    USA
    Congrats!

7. Show us some pics...Congrats too:biggrin:

8. good job, one of my fav. lens and i am sure it will be one of yours soon enough. looking forward to seeing some photos.

9. Thanks all! Just got confirmation of a Thursday arrival from CO. It's amazing that almost every review whether personal or professional has been 5 stars. Seems the only complaint is the weight which is something I'm actually looking forward to. Guess this round of lens lust is over for me.

10. Congratulations! I know I've come to appreciate mine even more over time.

11. Chris,

Lens Lust 'over'. Sorry, you don't know how badly you really have it.

Congratulations, excellent choice.

12. Congratulations on the upcoming arrival, and for getting a nice price through the Microsoft Cashbacks and eBay coupon! I think you'll really love the lens. I love mine (purchased from a great fellow Cafe member). I had rented it twice before and it still is the best lens I own. The results still knock my socks off, limited only by my own skill and not my equipment.

13. Thanks for the reality check. Now I don't feel to bad wanting a Sigma 10-20!

14. My own skill will certainly be my limitation. Makes for a great excuse to practice. Two more days... "Good Grief"!

Thanks to all for helping make these last two days the slowest in some time. I might cry when I finally see it here.

15. It was here when I got home from work. Wow! Bigger and heavier then I thought but the shots taken from goofing around look so sharp that I can't almost believe it. It's too late to really have some fun but at least I got home in time to play for a little while. Will post some shots soon! Thanks all!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.