Finally took the plunge....

...and just ordered a D200 with MB-D200 as an upgrade from my D70. :eek:

Will be collecting it on Saturday. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ronnie

Good on yer....

I've had a play with one once and now hunger for it myself - just can't justify the pennies at the moment. Where did you order from ?

Good on yer....

I've had a play with one once and now hunger for it myself - just can't justify the pennies at the moment. Where did you order from ?

Ordered it as a kit from Jessop's web site to be collected in one of their shops on Saturday morning. I could probably have gotten it a little cheaper (but not much) by getting it elsewhere but I prefer having a shop to take it back to if anything goes wrong. I also swithered about their body only option (on offer at the moment) but decided I may as well go the whole hog and get the battery pack too.

Good thing is when Nikon replaced my D70 battery they gave me an EN-EL3e so I'll be able to use the D200 as soon as I get my hands on it on Saturday. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ronnie

You won't regret it! It didn't take me long to fall in love with mine ~ about 6 clicks if I remember rightly :biggrin:
I didn't get the battery grip (although I'm sure I will need one soon) but I'm glad I got an 8GB card: 5 frames per second eats memory (particulalrly in uncompressed RAW).

Alan

Way to go Ronnie! Just got the word; it's Edinburgh for late June/eary July 2009. Now if we're both still alive then we can make a day of it again...maybe with a few more Edinburgh(ers?).

Rich

Hey Ronnie -

Man, that will be fun!

As a D70 user too, I'd really like the brighter viewfinder, the higher fps speed, the higher resolution, the magnesium body, the larger LCD, the faster focus, the added focus sensors . . . can you tell that I've investigated it? LOL.

Just can't swing it yet - and I'd miss using my IR remote, and I 'd probably need a bigger hard drive, and bigger CF cards, etc.

With kids of college age, ah well . . .

Can't wait to see your shots - enjoy!

Eric

You're gonna love it!! Just made the same upgrade recent'y myself. Still getting used to it and trying to find my comfort zone, but man, what a difference! Good luck!

Thanks, folks. I can't wait to get the message to say it's ready for collection. I suspect I'll be in town and not very far from the shop on Saturday till I get it! :rolleyes:

Rich, I'm already looking forward to 2009. I'm not sure what you call a resident of Edinburgh other than the usual "tight fisted b*****d". :eek: :biggrin:

I'll try and post my first impressions and some photos after the weekend. I have been very lax recently and haven't posted any photos for ages. Mostly due to the D70 being almost always pointed at my now 6 month old niece. :smile: Hopefully this will leave the D200 for other duties.

Ronnie

.....Rich, I'm already looking forward to 2009. I'm not sure what you call a resident of Edinburgh other than the usual "tight fisted b*****d". :eek: :biggrin: .......
Ronnie

Speaking of Edinburghers...I'm late processing but I don't think you've see this one

149410286-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Rich

Congratulations!

I know you will enjoy the D200. It's great out of the box, and the more you read/research, the more you will be impressed with it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom