finally walked across the george washinton bridge

well we finally made an attempt to get on to the george washington bridge for some photos.

okay i admit it, i was scared sh#t up there and we got about 1/4 way across and went back.

you cannot imagine how high you are until you look over that little railing and look down at the cars that look like toys.

the bridge was vibrating and swaying and once over the water the wind picked up like a hurricane. i had to hold on to my glasses.

130602_M%26M%20PHOTO-10-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

130602_M%26M%20PHOTO-21-L.jpg

130602_M%26M%20PHOTO-2-L.jpg

130602_M%26M%20PHOTO-1-L.jpg

130602_M%26M%20PHOTO-5-L.jpg

You mean that you can climb on to the top. Is it allowed? I always thought that it is not alloweb. Are there steps to go up? BTW the pictures are nice

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
People never believed me when I told them that the bridge sways back and forth, and the vibrations!!! :eek:

You're a brave man, Mathjak. I hate driving across that thing; no way would I have walked across. That said, you captured some marvelous shots! :smile:

You mean that you can climb on to the top. Is it allowed? I always thought that it is not alloweb. Are there steps to go up? BTW the pictures are nice
They have a jogging walking path that runs across to nyc.

It is right at the edge with a waist high railing.

Used a d800 and nikon 16-35mm

Nice walk. Never got to do that and now I really wish I had.

You'd probably not like this point of view from the Mackinac Bridge from the top of the cable suspension tower looking toward St Ignace in Michigan's upper penisula
8948249050_0aa956821b_z.jpg

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
You'd probably not like this point of view from the Mackinac Bridge from the top of the cable suspension tower looking toward St Ignace in Michigan's upper penisula
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8269/8948249050_0aa956821b_z.jpg

That is one scary bridge, and I barely want to drive it much less climb it. :eek:

As an aside, did you know the Bridge Authority has a program that will provide you with someone to drive your car across the Mackinac in case your nerves fail you?

Great shots. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

thanks rui, glad you liked them . i spend enough time enjoying your postings so it is nice to pay back.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom