Finaly got a Rufous

Finally got a Rufous. This guy has been around for a while, usually chased off by the Anna's. Camera is a Z7 which doesen't show up in the post. Z7 is in the exif data.

_RS82723 copy 1k.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Chased off by an Anna's, now that's a first for me. Rufous are the original school yard bully, especially in late summer. You nailed his eye and chin!
Thanks Nick. Not a technically good shot, no wing detail (no wing actually) but just glad to get one. He was mobbed by Anna's at the time. He knows where the feeder is now so will get more chances later.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
That a good start! I find a shutter speed of 1/2500 to 1/3200 about right and try for f5.6 to 7.1. That usually gives me an ISO of at least 2,000 and some times 5,000 or more. But I don't worry about the ISO. If needed Topaz DeNoise AI or DxO Elite can easily eliminate noise while preserving fine feather details.

That a good start! I find a shutter speed of 1/2500 to 1/3200 about right and try for f5.6 to 7.1. That usually gives me an ISO of at least 2,000 and some times 5,000 or more. But I don't worry about the ISO. If needed Topaz DeNoise AI or DxO Elite can easily eliminate noise while preserving fine feather details.
Thanks for the info Karen.

Latest threads

Top Bottom