Finding film

It ain't easy...especially when you live in the middle of nowhere.

So I just ordered a small batch from Freestyle. Three rolls of Velvia 50 and three rolls of BW400CN (36 exposures each), to be exact. I won't be able to develop these around here, so I'll probably send them to NCPS - unless someone has a better suggestion.

One more thing...

Where, besides Freestyle, can you find some of that fantabulous Arista 100 color film that Bill (chubasco) used in his "Got Grain" thread. I gotta get some of that!

I just bought some C-41, and plan to get started on developing colour film in addition to the b&w in the kitchen.
That would be my suggestion.

Yeah, I've got a special place in my heart for B&W. If I hadn't stupidly sold all my stuff, I'd just buy in bulk and roll my own in a changing bag. Funny thing, I swore I'd never go back to film after I made the switch. Guess I was wrong.

I'm sure I'll send these rolls of Kodak to Walmart - this time. But there's no way I'll trust em with the Velvia.

I'm a little slow at times, but I finally came to the conclusion that the more digital I shoot, the more I appreciate film. There's something about it that digital has not been able to duplicate. Funny thing is that I'll shoot the same subjects with both film and digital, and the slides nearly always look "richer."

Fortunately, there is still a box in the garage that contains a bulk loader, changing bag, cassettes, measuring containers, etc. I guess it's time for some B&W!

Regards,
John (starting to get stuck in the past, and liking it!)

Yeah, I've got a special place in my heart for B&W. If I hadn't stupidly sold all my stuff, I'd just buy in bulk and roll my own in a changing bag. Funny thing, I swore I'd never go back to film after I made the switch. Guess I was wrong.

I'm sure I'll send these rolls of Kodak to Walmart - this time. But there's no way I'll trust em with the Velvia.
Don't worry about the Velvia. Walmart doesn't do that stuff. When I took in a few rolls they sent them on to Fuji for processing. (I think that is where they ended up.) I was quite pleased with the results and the price. I still have about ten or so rolls of Velvia in the freezer, but it is 120. I haven't shot much 35mm transparency film. Also, I recently found my old bulk loader in the garage. It was hidden in a box. I may get a roll of Arista from Freestyle and roll my own. As far as I know, Arista is handled only by Freestyle. They do have great service.

the reason film looks better, is that it is. Even the best digital camera cannot dupicate the quality of good film. Digital is fun, but film is art to me. i wish that film would make a comeback and proliferate again, but alas digital seems to be strangling the film market. No one wants to develop film. they want to shoot now, and have it on myspace/facebook 30seconds later.

film is amazing stuff. the more you shoot it, the less digital you will use.

Daniel

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom