Finding workshops, how do you do it?

I"m not sure, but your local meetup groups will sponsor some and members of the meetups should know about others.

DAB

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
What kind of workshop are you interested in? (i.e.flash, macro, portraits, street photography, birds of prey, post processing, particular travel destination, etc)

I have taken quite a few workshops.

Tim Grey - Lightroom, Advanced PS
Tim Grey/George Lepp - Using images: Printing, books, etc.

Various travel workshops: Peru, Galapagos, China, India, Greece (they put you in the right spot at the right time....)

Gerlach Nature photo tours I took the Hummingbird workshoop (excellent!) and Snowmobiling in Yellowstone trips. Their trips to Kenya are probably great as well. John shoots Canon, Barb shoots Nikon.

Adam Jones - Member Canon Explorer of Light program - Excellent instructor, technically excellent. I took the Frog workshop....

Ben Willmore - Excellent instructor, great personality, Iceland, Namibia, various

Meunch workshops

Raymond Barlow - Birds, Tanzania, Newfoundland, Costa Rica

Michelle Burgess - has many loyal followers

Van Os, Linblad, Nat Geo, etc offer workshops, albeit very expensive.

Santa Fe workshops are supposed to be good....

These are just a very few. My advice, is to decide where or what you are interested in.....then start researching. For an African safari, I have an EXCEL spreadsheet filled with comparisons of trips offered by about 10 well known and highly recommended photographers.

And most important, remember that a great photographer is not necessarily a great teacher!

Also check out local art schools. I'm attending a photography workshop in October with David Campbell on landscape photography. He's coming to the Pacific NW Art School. They have a LOT of photography workshops throughout the year.

Pacific NW Art School

Carole

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom