Finished Portrait w/Frank's help!

Discussion in 'People' started by cajun angel, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Well, what can I say - I think Frank (eng45ine) is an angel! He called me and walked me through photo shop -taught me how to get rid of the glare in Mariam's glasses, whiten her teeth, reduce some noise, and then put a pretty edge around the photo. I'm happy! I can't say THANK YOU enough to Frank and to Frits, and Stuart - everyone for all the advice, tips, and help ya'll have shared! Ya'll are the very reason why this cafe is so wonderful!

475112006_6dfc23296e_b.

2. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Not too shabby Dianne. I love the colors.

3. Dianne, now that is FANTASTIC! Nice job, and kudos to Frank for helping you. I think the parents and children would be thrilled to receive something this nice. :smile:

4. Excellent! Amazing what a difference some post-processing can make! That was awfully nice of Frank to call you and to help you out! He's a great guy!! :smile:

I think you are well on your way to having a very successful portrait shooting session on Sunday!

5. Thanks! I'm just sooooo happy over the finished results and it's all because of people on this forum like Frank, Frits, Stuart, and so many more!

Thanks! Let's hope the kids on Sunday will cooperate like Mariam!

Thanks COnnie! For anyone that doesn't know Frank - needs to!! He's such a kind-hearted soul! And so are Frits, Stuart, you and so many other that have kept me encouraged! I was ready to throw in the towel if things didn't go well today - I just didn't want to do anything that would hurt, insult, or have bad reflections on Jimmy's teacher. Thank my Good Lord for all of ya'll and this wonderful cafe!

6. Nice results! Very generous of Frank.

7. icetraxx

icetraxx

May 7, 2005
    Louisiana
    Looks like your ready for Sunday!! Kudos to Frank

Larry

8. Good hear this. Great finished portrait.

9. Thanks Guys! I just can't get over how beautiful this portrait came out! I'm so thankful to Frank and his generosity and help! Really if it wasn't for all of ya'll keeping me encouraged, I would have given up! Though Jimmy's teacher would have understood, I would have had my conscience to deal with as I had made the committment to do this. Thanks to all of ya'll! ENCOURAGEMENT WOW, what a powerful tool and word!

10. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thats just fantastic!

11. Thanks! I"m still looking at it! :redface: Even though Mariam doesn't play the flute yet, it's gonna be printed and on display Sunday. OOPS, I haven't addressed the piano issue! Oh well, if I can get this one down, surely the piano won't be too bad!

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice
    You have done a very nice job

Don't care for the frame though

13. Thanks Gale! I think Frank was just showing me another trick with photo shop and I didn't want his efforts to go unnoticed - I can't thank him and others that have helped me enough! To keep things simple, the actual portraits from tomorrow won't have the frame. I still have a lot to learn, but at least I can get myself over tomorrow's hurdle!

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Looks like you have a good handle on it dianne
    I know this was not easy. That is tough shooting to learn.
    You are on you way now girl.

Only thing is keep the WB same for all.:>))))
    Relax ,and as has been said before. "DETAILS" Keep a list on a card of things to look for. Cause when you in the middle of this, it is real easy to forget something real simple:>)))))
    Try, not to be to nervous:>)))

Best to you. I am sure you will do a fine job and everyone will be happy. Including you:>))))))

15. Thanks Gale! I'll be setting up at noon right after church is over. I hope Mark will take the kids to eat and bring something back to me - I'm sure he will, LOL. I still have to find a steamer, so I'm calling around today. That's something our Walmart didn't have. I'm gonna make sure I don't skip breakfast in the morning too! Our music seccretary is going to let me lock the gear in her office. I just don't want to leave anything (especially heat sensitive) in the van. I"m thinking tomorrow will be fun - but you know, I'm accompanying on the piano too! :Dizzy: Yep, tomorrow will be busy!

16. You and your team did a great job on this! Good luck with the Sunday shoot!!

17. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Dianne, beautiful picture in all respects. Really well done shot and one for the wall :smile:

18. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Between your improving portrait skills and Frank's help I'd say you have made major strides in a very short period. Isn't The café great?!

Well done Dianne!!

19. Schlitz

Schlitz

Apr 22, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Dave Talboys
    Great job Dianne! It never ceases to amaze me just how wonderful and willing to give of themselves that the folks here on the Cafe are. Taking pictures AND accompanying on the piano -- a gal of many talents! Best of luck tomorrow, you will do great!!

20. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dianne
    Try the hard ware store.
    Home depot something like that for the steamer:>))???