1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Fire Fighter Portraits

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by mitchellbrown, Jun 24, 2007.

1. I got a call out to a rural structure fire but by the time I found it the fire was already knocked down and overhaul had begun.

I started to take some "environmental" portraits of the fire fighters. I will be showing them to the chief next week.

Here are some

Vintage.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 102319

View attachment 102320

View attachment 102321

View attachment 102322

2. Those are very well done. Number one elicits a lot of questions and emotions as a good PJ image should but number 2 is a stunner -- my congrats on that one, lighting, composition, subject matter -- everything.

Phil

3. This is a very beautiful set of photos. #2 is also my favorite.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    These are great images.

I would like also to see the originals and know what process you used on them

Perhaps you can share in the retouching forum

5. Wow these are spectacular! great work. the first one is not really my taste (the border..) but they are all shot very well. what was your setup on these?

6. hey folks.

Thanks for the comments

The tools were a d2h and 300 2.8 and a as for post production

#1- Digital Film Tools black and white the I layered it with a PSD background I have.

All the rest are just levels and resizing

7. Very very nice!!! I'm sure the Chief, and the guys, will love them! :smile:

8. ga_d_five-o

ga_d_five-o

May 13, 2006
    NE GA, USA
    All excellent,
    but I like the smoke action in #4!
    The Chief is going to like these.

9. Good work! You caught the emotion after such an incident.

10. Having been a Phyer Phyter for 13 years (now retired from Phyer Phyting) I can relate and would be proud to have shot those and have them on my walls, or in my station.

11. OnlyJess243

OnlyJess243 Guest

id have to say i agree..really nice work capturing the moment

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.