Fire in my neighbourhood, with an ending...

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Frits, Mar 28, 2005.

1. I must say I posted this a while back in another forum.
    While working at home, I heard the fire engines and saw smoke, so I headed out with my D1x to try and get a shot or two. My rapidly improvised focus was of the human factor and intensity of these great guys at work. Here are a few of that day (dull grey winter day):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The ending: someone suggested that I communicate with the local fire dept. and give them some prints. I would never have thought of that.
    The response was humbling: These folks just loved getting the pics and were so appreciative of them, having some reasonable shots of them at work. I'll spare you the details, but they were pretty happy.
    Now, just today I received a mail from one of the firemen again expressing his appreciation and he assured me that my shots would be laminated and get a prime spot in the new fire station that is being built.
    Made my day!

2. Great shots, especially the 2nd one and a nice gesture on your part in giving the images to the firemen. They are excellent images, no wonder they were happy.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I remember this Post on DPR and believeI also replied.

Did I mention Ed McDonald, also on this forum now is the Photog for his fire Dept.

Great Idea and so glad you gave those phots to them.. Hope you follow up with the fire Dept. Maybe you can do what Ed does. I am sure he will find this post nd reply.

I hope anyway, he sees this.

Cheers,

Job well done.

Gale

4. Great shots Fritz.....especially your last one!! They are exhausted!!!

5. Thanks Bryan, the last one is my favorite as well.

6. Nice Capture

Hi Fritz,
    Nice pictures. I also like the last one. It captures the mood on the fire ground. The men like to see pictures of the activity. My biggest reward is to hear the comments from the men, when I display the pictures. Thanks for sharing.
    :)