Fire is so hpnotizing

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by mike mac, Nov 23, 2005.

1. I attend out local high schools pep rally and found myself staring for a long time at the bon fire, it is so relaxing and hypnotizing.
    [​IMG]

2. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    THats a neat shot mike . I like it.

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Nice capture Mike.

4. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    wow, makes me want to go and play with a few matches... :)

Wade

5. That is cool! (actually very hot!). Either way, nice shot. Every year I build up a giant burn pile and torch it on New Year's Eve. I like fire!

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    You are right Mike.

Beautiful image worthy of a nice frame.

7. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Cool shot Mike, I like it a lot!

9. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Mike,
    I like it

10. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    This is really nice. I see a woman dancing in the flames. Does anyone else?

Leigh, also said this when she first saw it.

Regards,

11. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I have read a few of the posts when this thread first began and found it rather interesting. For those that say they like fire, you might consider heading down to your local F.D. and ask if you can gear up and watch how fire behaves in a controled burn in a training tower. Fire is a very strange animal...fascinating, scary, powerful, untamed...plenty of little key words that try to describe "the beast". Mike's image is very pretty, you should see it when it is over your head crawling on the ceiling...no words can accurately describe the exhileration and beauty.

12. Thanks

13. Thanks Gale

14. Patrick
    Yesw all the kids here said the sme thing andn after close inspection I saw it too :biggrin: Thanks for you and Leigh looking at the post

15. Frank
    I can only imagine what it must look like and the different type of emotions it brings upon you. You stay safe there buddy and we appreciate all you do every day

16. Oh Wow!! Cool shot, Mike!!

17. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Well done, excellent composition!

18. Great shot!

Reminds me of a shot I took of my son during a cub scout camping trip last year. The kids were all just fascinated by the fire at night.

[​IMG]

19. No thanks :eek:. I enjoy seeing it on the tip of a wick, in a fireplace, or safely ringed by rocks in a campfire...

... but I want no part of it crawling over my head. I'll leave that to you firefighters...

... with thanks for your courage.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2005