1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Fire sale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TomP, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Fire sale!! Getum while they last, discounted, cheap American financial institutions, a once in a millennium opportunity, come one come all, the dollar may never be cheaper, do not miss out of this fantastic offer. Hurry before the Japanese buy it all!!! Examples, Goldman Sachs, 20% for just a few Yen on dollar. Hesitate, and you lose out on this one chance to buy America. Purchase today, and receive free of charge, and with no shipping charges ONE US Senator and a Federal financial adviser of your choice. DO NOT DELAY!!!

I wish this was funny.:frown:
    Tom

2. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    I think the Japanese are still recovering from their major meltdown some years ago. The European banks aren't too eager to buy either, with the dollar going down the crapper.

That leaves the Chinese. And they put a lot of money into the derivatives market, assuming that real estate is a pretty safe bet. So I'm not sure how eager they are.

It's the end of an era. But remember: the end on one era is the beginning of another one (yes I'm bullish. Very bullish...). My 401k took a big hit but boy am I buying cheaply right now... :smile:

3. Bart, Lehman Brothers Asians units, were bought by a Japanese unit. There is always the Saudis, but they are probably holding as much of us as they want:smile: This is all way way way over my head, and maybe over the heads of those that count. What scares me is this. I was visiting with the president of my bank, we sit and talk rock and roll and such. I asked him what was going with all this , and he, straight faced said "I do not know, I do not understand international banking." This from a man that built one the top 100 most solvent banks in the US. I thought he would at least have an idea of what was going on. :frown:

4. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    When the Dow is down...Wall Street is on sale - I did several years ago, and it proved to be a great investment.

I did get a call from my financial officer in Dallas the other day to reassure me that I did not own Lehman Brothers or Fannie Mae/Freddie Mack - that was a nice surprise. :wink:

5. I have not made that call, figured there was one heck of a que, I will slide into his office tomorrow:biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.