Fire - Saturday morning.

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by GBRandy, Apr 30, 2007.

1. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Well, I went to another fire this past Saturday. Not as intense as the previous one, but it was as eye opening as the first.

This one was pretty small compared to my last adventure (see here FIRE Shots )

The whole mess is here: Saturday Fire

A couple examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#7....gaaaa cut off their feet....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great images Randy
    Poor house.
    Hope all are safe

3. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Thanks Gale....it was a practice burn.....whew....

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    WHEW is right
    That swing made it seem real scary

5. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Ahhhh effect achieved...thanks!

6. #6 does it for me...

7. Number 4 for some reason strikes me as funny. All can see in my mind's eyes are those young twenty-somethings at my door lecturing me about genuine vinyl siding.

:rolleyes:

8. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Yea I can hear it now: "have you ever considered the advantages of vinyl siding? It ignites at insanely low temps and burns at a remarkable rate throwing toxic black smoke high into the air....we can install it for you as early as next week! "

That stuff was nasty.....it threw off a lot of thick black smoke and the gases from it were just awful to breath and get in your eyes....I was tearing up most of the morning. It made for great black out of the sun effect shots though!

9. In my neighborhood there are houses sided with vinyl around for ten years or so. Not only does it conform to the warping studs underneath but it settles between the fastening nails. I can't bring myself to replace my old fashioned 1960's style anodized aluminum siding. Call me old fashioned, but it looks as good as when we moved in 29 years ago.

Rich