1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Firefox!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hs200, Jul 10, 2008.

1. I had no luck trying to navigate the Cafe with IE. I am on wildblue satellite system, but IE and the Cafe just wouldn't talk.

Last night wildblue quit. The tech came out and fixed it. I mentioned the problems with the Cafe. He suggested I try firefox. Now the site is lightning fast. If I were any happier there would have to be two of me!

2. jafo

jafo

Jun 11, 2008
    Chatsworth, CA
    Welcome to the club. :smile:

3. midocr

midocr

Mar 28, 2008
    OH - IO
    Mike
    I love Firefox. I use it exclusively.

4. Me, too!

5. I thought everyone was using Firefox. Until recently when I installed google analytics on my site, and there are still many, many IE users.

Welcome to the future!

6. Bill N

Bill N Guest

Just remember to use IE every now and then and keep up to date with win updates if you are using that os. Been using FF for several years and enjoy it. Use IE very little now. Good move!

7. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Am I the ONLY one using IE???? :eek: 

8. Whitedog

Whitedog Guest

I moved to Firefox a week or so ago. So far I see no downside.

9. Pete

Pete

Jun 10, 2006
    Denver, CO
    What about Flock???
    I held on to Netscape as long as I could on one of my machines and the other day it kinda forced me to upgrade to something called Flock. It is Mozilla based like Firefox but looks a bit like IE. I have not used it much because I have Firefox on my other machines.

I have to use IE at work and never have trouble with the Cafe. We have held to IE-6 maybe Hershel's problem is with IE-7.

10. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    I use IE7 most of the time (including right now) and I rarely have trouble with it. I do have Firefox installed and use it a bit, however I'm so used to IE and as I said it seems pretty smooth so I see no real need to change.

11. JessP7

JessP7

May 3, 2005
    North MS, USA
    I use Firefox all the time. I have the add-ons that I like and it makes surfing the web a real pleasure.

12. Never used any thing but IE, no problems at any site and never the café, FF I could never get use too, just me I guess.

Might have to try it now, IE with vista is a given.

13. lmatney

lmatney

Oct 25, 2007
    Goodyear, AZ
    I use Firefox also, but I also use Fedora for an OS so it is the best option.

14. Colyn

Colyn

May 24, 2008
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Since I'm a Mac user I don't use Wincr*p IE...

Firefox and Safari are the only real browsers I'll use...and I don't have to worry that someone is going to hack my machine like with IE...

15. I'm shocked people are still using IE and resolutions below 1024x768. I see that in my stats all the time. I <3 firefox.

16. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    I used firefox exclusively on my PC, when I got the mac I started using safari and Ive downloaded FF a few times, but safari functions better for my personal use

I love both, though, but Ive been using only safari on the mac for a year now

17. rbellphoto

rbellphoto

Jun 8, 2006
    SoCal
    Definitely a FireFox user. I started out using Netscape Navigator, migrated to Mozilla and then to FireFox. I only use IE when a website won't behave in FF.

18. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    I tried FF, but just couldn't get used to it. I'm a typical guy.... I like to keep things simple, and use what I know.

I just downloaded the IE upgrade to 7. So far I really like it, although some of my buttons moved... I'm not too happy about that. :eek: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.