Fireworks 2005- First Time For Me As Well

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by eng45ine, Jul 5, 2005.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    My images are only borderline okay...nowhere near the quality of Vinod's, but it was worth a try. All were taken with my D2H and 28-70mm f/2.8 on a tripod.

View attachment 11509

View attachment 11510

Thanks for looking and feel free to critique...but be gentle!

2. abek

abek Guest

Nice! I really like the second one -- perfect timing.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Those are very nice Frank - no need to be gentle with you abou them. They work. You caught the red of #2 nicely - it's got good 3D qualities!

4. They are all good, my favorite #3,1,2

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks everyone for the kind words...after seeing how well Vinod shot his fireworks, I really wanted to give it a try. I haven't shot fireworks since I was in my 20s. I am looking forward to my next time...............

6. Frank -

Just noticed these when going back through some posts. These are great! It's amazing what you can do with those old-fashioned D2H's, isn't it? :)

7. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Frank, I love the arsty feel of the first one, but that second one is so 3-D it almost popped right off my screen. Way to go!

8. I like them Frank, especially the last one.