Fireworks, Boerne TX

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by PhotoByMark, Jul 8, 2005.

1. I am a little late but here are a couple from the Boerne show.

Thanks all for all the tips in the fireworks thread from last week some of those tips did help. Just one comment, I blew it on the Grand Finale. I was not ready, and fumbled with camera settings and they all came out way over-exposed. I'll be ready on New Years though.

24530045_4f9f5e113d_o.
    24529706_269370624b_o.

I uploaded more of them on my FlickR account as well if you are interested.

www.flickr.com/photos/photobymark

Thanks for looking.

2. Enjoyed your show

Mark,

Looked at your site and loved all you fireworks shots....enjoyed all your work!

Mike

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    beautiful Job and color

thank you for sharing.

4. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Mark...

Nice job. They look great!

C

5. Thanks - I am really starting to like my little D70s. Already dreaming about getting that D2X. Most likely I will end up with the successor of the D70s in about 2 years or so.

I shot the firework shots in RAW. Until then I had not really used RAW at all. I am starting to like RAW more and more. Files are huge or at least they seem huge to me. I like the fact that you can change WB, sharpness, hue and saturation and then if you do not like the changes you still go back to the original settings. That is pretty neat.

I did mess up and shoot at ISO 400. Meant to set it to 200. I do not think it made a huge difference.

6. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Yes, RAW is nice...you have so much more control.

I too want to upgrade my D1 to a D2X, but I am leaning towards the D2Hs instead.

Shooting at 400 didn't hurt you at all...just a slight bit more moise, but the D70s handles noise very well.

C

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Mark,

Just browsed through your gallery. Really good stuff. :>))