Fireworks + wind = ?

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by MrDalgof, Jul 6, 2007.

1. MrDalgof

MrDalgof

Apr 6, 2006
    Colorado, USA
    I wasn't sure what I'd end up with shooting fireworks in the winds we had here for our local show. It was windy enough I was worried about blur even on the tripod. Thankfully there wasn't so much wind that they canceled.

With the wind and by trying varying exposure times, I got some shots that aren't exactly traditional fireworks shots...sometimes looking more like bizzare sea creatures. :wink:

Here's what I took using D70, 18-70, f/16, iso 200

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2007
  2. gilbert

gilbert

May 6, 2005
    So. CA
    Very cool!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Really nice
    I like them

4. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Awesome!

5. These are certainly different. Thanks for sharing.

6. Trailfinder

Trailfinder Guest

Like Gordon said - they are different indeed - I like them very much - great job!

Brad G...
    OKC/OKLA

7. yoza717

yoza717

Dec 23, 2006
    Palm Bay, FL
    Neat effects....the wind must have been really blowing. Thanks for sharing

8. Nice, must have been interesting to watch too. They all look great but I think #2 stands out as my fav, but it's hard to pick...

9. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Good job Chris...I don't think you could have done any better had you tried to create these effects in photoshop.

10. MrDalgof

MrDalgof

Apr 6, 2006
    Colorado, USA
    Thanks. I'm glad you all liked these. Just chance shots these were since I really didn't know how they would turn out while taking them. I might have to experiment with bulb some more.

11. sweet shots!

12. nbmro

nbmro Guest

very nice indeed. i like the second one the most :)

13. JDex

JDex

Jul 17, 2007
    Cerritos, CA
    really cool! third one looks like a meteor....

14. kikicam

kikicam Guest

Very cool shots, esp number 2, looks like big flowers of color in the sky. I still can't seem to master fireworks shots.