Firmware update V2.10 for Z7/6 available.

Changes from “C” Firmware Version 2.10 to 2.20
  • • Added support for Type B Sony CFexpress memory cards.
    • Note: For information on the license for the open-source software included in the camera’s NVM Express driver, see “BSD License (NVM Express Driver)”.
  • • Fixed an issue that resulted in colored lines appearing at the bottom of the display when pictures shot in demo mode with FX (36x24) selected for image area were viewed at zoom ratios over 100%.https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/fw/343.html

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I hope not since competition usually brings lower prices....
I don't see how there will be increased competition producing the XQD cards when everything is going to CFexpress. Lexar quit producing XQD cards for a reason....and that left mainly Sony as the main source of XQD cards.

However, hopefully the cost of CFexpress cards will eventually come down as more products use CFexpress cards and several manufacturers compete to sell them.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Not quite the same as every photographer (with a CFExpress-capable camera) moving to CFExpress cards over their in-hand XQD cards.

And Delkin and Nikon also sell XQD cards.
Correct, there is already 2 other suppliers if you don't want Sony cards.......that's another reason we are less likely to see more competitors enter the XQD market. And the future is CFexpress - not XQD. And if you already have XQD cards then you are less likely to buy more of them......

Correct, there is already 2 other suppliers if you don't want Sony cards.......that's another reason we are less likely to see more competitors enter the XQD market. And the future is CFexpress - not XQD. And if you already have XQD cards then you are less likely to buy more of them......
I have 5 XQD cards. I am not about to change, or buy more.

If the price comes down, I'm more likely to buy them....

Latest threads

Top Bottom