Firmware updates for Z7ii, Z6ii,Z7, Z6, Z5 and Z50

These new firmware will be available on Monday, April 26, 2021.

Nikon Z Series Firmware Updates:
  • Nikon Z 6II + Z 7II Firmware, Version 1.20:
    • Increased AF performance, including faster focusing when shooting in low light situations, improved detection performance and enhanced subject visibility during live view shooting
    • Improved tracking for face and eye detection as well as subject tracking AF
  • Nikon Z 6 + Z 7 Firmware, Version 3.30:
    • Adds the Save Focus Position option that allows the current focus position to be saved when the camera is turned off and restored when next turned on
    • The Z 6 will also receive the voice memo recording/playing function
  • Nikon Z 50 Firmware, Version 2.19:
    • Adds the Save Focus Position option that allows the current focus position to be saved when the camera is turned off and restored when next turned on
  • Nikon Z 5 Firmware, Version 1.10:
    • Faster AF detection speed in low light situations
Dear Nikon Z6ii Users,

I recently bought Nikon Z6ii after selling my D780 mainly because of the videos (as I was missing in built stabilization and 4k 60fps etc.)

After buying the Z6ii, I immediately updated the firmware to the latest version 1.20. While I was shooting FullHD 60fps, Eye AF OVERLAY was working but when I switched to 100fps and 120fps, Eye AF OVERLAY was not visible anymore. I was testing with my Z mount kit lens. I mostly shoot 100/120fps because in post production would like to slow it down to 25%. Now there is no focus confirmation at 100 and 120fps how can one depend on the autofocus?

Can you please confirm whether you have noticed this issue and if there are any workarounds? Do you know if Nikon is planning to release a fix for this?

Thanks,

TheShishGuy

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom