Firmware Updates

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by iShoot, Jul 29, 2008.

1. iShoot

iShoot

Feb 1, 2008
    Stockton,CA
    Is it completely necessary? I also saw from another thread, where you can download "Picture Control" files? I don't even know how to get to that page on the site, is it also for the D80?

2. iShoot

iShoot

Feb 1, 2008
    Stockton,CA
    Any help?

3. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    The firmware updates for the D300 allow you to download picture controls that emulate the D2x(s) colors. I updated mine and shoot mostly in D2x II mode myself.

I believe there are firmware updates for the D3 also which improve AF and white balance.

Nikon has a pretty nasty habit of ignoring "old" models with updates; I doubt there are any recent updates for the D80.

4. Don't know which camera you are interested in. For questions regarding firmware updates go to www.nikonusa.com. Then click on service and support. You can make an inquiry to the knowledge base site and get the latest info on firmware by model.

Max

5. gd1418

gd1418

Feb 3, 2008
    Gurgaon, India
    The last update posted by Nikon for D80 was 1.10 in Feb '08. No further update has come since.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.