First Attempt at Beautiful Skin by Czechman

Discussion in 'People' started by Jim Strathearn, Jun 15, 2007.

1. I took this shot:

[​IMG]

And turned it int these shots using Czechman's tutorial on "Beautiful Skin" in the Tutiki:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I thought the tut was very easy to follow. Thanks Czechman! Let me know if I did her justice, and which of the crops you like better (if any...).

TIA!

2. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Wow...the picture is so much more flattering. Great job...that really really REALLY looks awesome.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent work

4. Jim, beautiful woman...and outstanding work...

5. Nice work Jim. A pretty subject always helps:smile:

6. I think you did VERY well for your first time and thank you for the kind words. Whenever you do this always keep in mind that the levels adjustment and blemish removal is 90% of the process.

The blur level is just like a polish to your hard work so get that opacity level down as far as you can.

I'll bet she's thrilled!

7. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    I liked the pictures

8. Daniel Bates

Daniel Bates

Jan 9, 2007
    Great job! I'll have to try that sometime.

9. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Great job Jim! For me, between the third and second, I like the second a little better - you cropped both the top and sides - on the third it looks like you just cropped the top a little - the second looks slightly more balanced than the third - IMHO. Nice eyes.

10. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Grat job on the pp Jim! Are these with your new AB's? I like the last crop best.

Suggestion: if you shoot her again, I'd get her to elongate her neck a bit by asking her to stick her chin out more, and by shooting her from a superior camera position a couple steps up a small step ladder. This will make her neck look less "bulgy".

11. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Where is that link for the tutorial?

12. [tutiki]Beautiful_Skin_by_Czechman[/tutiki]

[tutiki]Basic_Photo_Adjustments[/tutiki]

13. Nice work! I like your 3rd crop the best.

14. This is an excellent result, whether this be your first attempt or one made after much experience.

15. Thanks!

Thanks Gale! Now I just have to figure out how to do that to myself in real life... :rolleyes:

Thanks John!

Thanks Roy! And you're right... :biggrin:

Thanks!

Thanks Daniel!

16. Thanks Woody! This method is rather simple and straight to the point. I did make the mistake in the beginning of forgetting to do the blemish removal first and had to go back.

Thanks for the tut!

17. Thanks Mark!

I like the second crop the best, but the third is cropped for 8 x 10 and is the one I printed.

You're right about the eyes...

18. Thanks Steve! This was shot with the GF Lightsphere II clear mounted directly on the flash in the hot shoe.

I may get to shoot her again. But this shot was taken at work. I aimed the camera at her and she said "don't take my picture" and I snapped the shot!

I will take your advice next time.

19. Thanks Dan! The third one is the one I printed for her.

Thanks Cliff! It helps having clear, concise instructions...

20. DarkGT

DarkGT

May 27, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Czechman, I have been playing withthis technique as well. It really is a great method! Thank you for imparting this knowledge!