1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

First Attempt at BIF

Discussion in 'Birds' started by ERAUGrad04, Jul 9, 2008.

1. ERAUGrad04

ERAUGrad04

Jan 15, 2008
    IL
    I was landing in N. Michigan and on short final, and about 500 of these birds decided it was a good time to mirgate from the left side of the runway to the right side! :eek:  So after the passengers were on there way, I pulled out the camera and decided to have some fun.

DSC_2122-small.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_2099-small.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking!
    Morgan

2. well for a first attempt you nailed em, excellent and it always helps to have the lens somewhat prefocused the distance of your subjects but looks to me like you already knew this.
    Kevin P.

3. ERAUGrad04

ERAUGrad04

Jan 15, 2008
    IL
    I would have never thought of prefocusing the lens! But thanks for the tip. Next time I try shooting birds I will definatly do that. I would imagine that helps prevent the lens from hunting to find focus? I definatly missed a fair share of shots this time around because the lens was hunting.

Thanks again for the tip!

Morgan

4. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    From the plane? Whoa baby these are good!!

5. Morgan,
    thats how its done, I learned it from a pro birder over a weekend course, when he taught me that I was so happy, no mo lens hunting.
    Keep on posting, your doing great. the 70-300vr is one of Nikons lil gifts from the lens gods.
    Kevin

6. ERAUGrad04

ERAUGrad04

Jan 15, 2008
    IL
    Not from a plane this time! But that sure would be cool! I could just imagine what my passengers would be thinking if I pulled out a full blown SLR with the 70-300 on it while on short final! Hahaha!!

7. Your first attempt!? WOW! Nice shooting! Can hardly wait to see more!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.