First attempt at Maternity: Wife and Son

My wife never wanted to take any Maternity photos due to various reasons. She finally changed her mind but definately wanted many parts hidden. This is one shot that I came up with. It turned out ok for a first try.

3835774354_d29b4c495b_b.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Very nice, though i do find my eye drawn to the line of light along the arch of your wife's back. I think it needs to be cropped out or tonned down?
Very good though.

You know Simon I thought about that when I was in post....in fact I did take it down a bit but guess not far enough. Back to processing I go. Thanks for your input and comments!

Jan, it was like pulling teeth for me. My wife didnt want all the "imperfections" showing so I had to come up with some other way of shooting the maternity photos. I figured the darkness covered enough to make her happy.

True North strong & free (that's Canada eh)
I think it's much more effective done this way with light and shadow. I don't find the light on her back a distraction. It adds definition to her pregnant state. I wish I'd had such a photo taken back in the day. This is lovely. I love the light on your son's face. I hope this will be hanging somewhere in your home.

I think it's much more effective done this way with light and shadow. I don't find the light on her back a distraction. It adds definition to her pregnant state. I wish I'd had such a photo taken back in the day. This is lovely. I love the light on your son's face. I hope this will be hanging somewhere in your home.

Not hanging up anywhere yet. Good idea though...I need to start printing more stuff out instead of letting it sit on my hard drives.

I tried cropping away the curve on her back but it just looked like my son was kissing a big bump of nothing. The curve was necessary to show that she is pregnant. I think what Simon was saying was that it was a bit too bright in relation to the rest of the photo. In my mind it does add a nice touch of outline but I did find it ever so slightly bright and thought about taking it down a bit. I'll give it a try and see how it turns out. If not I'll leave it the way it is.

Thanks to you and everyone else who have responded so far...

Latest threads

Top Bottom