1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

First attempt at this ... Please C&C

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Brodman, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Brodman

Brodman

Aug 26, 2007
    Knoxville, TN
    [​IMG]

This was my first try at doing a night shot. If anyone would be so kind, please let me know how I can improve.

Thanks in advance.

2. I'm not finding any real bad flaws with this photo. :smile:

For personal preference on night shots....

I like a bit more light on the buildings to show where the roof line meets the sky, etc. I understand there might have been no way to get any details in the really dark areas at that time of night, though. It's easier in the city when you have a lot of incandescent lights.

If you want to try again to get some details between the sky and buildings, try the below.

Go back just as the sun is going down where the sky will have a dark blue hue to it, but the lights will still grow and be colorful.

I know the w/b was off on this one, but for an example, it's the only one I have.

Example:

[​IMG]

Now don't take this as a cut, just me giving you another idea to try to get more details in your shot. It works either way and your photo is awesome. :smile:

Oh, and do you care to share your settings? I may be able to give you a starting point to gain a bit more light between the sky and structures without having a blue sky. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.