First attempt

This is pretty much my first time trying a portrait, basically im a broke high school student making use of what i can. I need opinions cause imo its the best way to learn. I used two 4' shop lights with natural daylight bulbs from phillips, 120w natural daylight bulb in a floodlight, and the sb-600 fired. The wall was the background, would using a white sheet change anything? I feel like there is so many variables when you get into portraits its fun...
What I came out with.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Setup from my point of view, I was centered in the portrait how ever not while taking this picture... haha
View attachment 387211

Tim,
Two things jump out, put more distance between your subject and the back drop, and raise the height of the SB600. Both of these will help eliminate the shadow. You may also want to get rid of some of the lighting(the shop lights) and use a reflector (white cardboard) instead of mixing three different sources. You can get more dramatic lighting from a single light source and a reflector then you have in this shot.
Mike

Tim,
Two things jump out, put more distance between your subject and the back drop, and raise the height of the SB600. Both of these will help eliminate the shadow. You may also want to get rid of some of the lighting(the shop lights) and use a reflector (white cardboard) instead of mixing three different sources. You can get more dramatic lighting from a single light source and a reflector then you have in this shot.
Mike
ok thank you ill give it a shot

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom