First Attempts at Panoramics

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Westwind, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Westwind

Westwind Guest

I took a trip to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons this summer and tried my first panoramics. I shot 5 images using portrait framing and then stiched them together.

Grand Tetons north of Jennie Lake.

[​IMG]

Lower Falls Yellowstone

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2007
  2. yamo

yamo

Jun 28, 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Greetings... The images don't show up for me (little red x).

Cheers,

-Yamo-

3. Westwind

Pretty shots! I am a fan of big puffy white clouds!

4. dt6366

dt6366

Dec 19, 2006
    New Jersey
    These are great. Panos are fun to make.

Dan

5. yamo

yamo

Jun 28, 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Westwind,

Greetings. Just curious since you have the 12-24, what do you think of these in comparison to what you could have shot with the 12-24? I like the visual depth of both of your images...

Cheers,

-Yamo-

6. Westwind

Westwind Guest

Yamo, I get a 1x3 or 1x4 ratio without cropping or distortion due to a wide angle like the 12-24mm. I can get large prints without enlarging for example, I have printed and mounted 12x36 and 12x44" without the need to enlarge the original image.

Regards,

7. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    OK they're showing for me now. The first one is an interesting scene, but the crooked horizon is a bit distracting (maybe it's not actually crooked but just a hill, but without some "reference" to what's level, it looks crooked). The second shot is a fresh take on a familiar scene, which I like. The puffy white clouds really add to the scene.

8. I like the dead center trail in #1, it leads your eye right where you want it to go! #2 is a nice idea--I've typically sen vertical panos of that site, trying to take advantage of the river and the falls. ours shows context so well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.