First baseball shots this season . . .

Discussion in 'People' started by Joe Marques, Apr 16, 2005.

1. My son had his first game today and I caught this shot while standing near 3rd base with a 50 1.4D on my D2H. I was taking some basic portrait shots and got lucky with this action shot.

My son is the 3rd baseman and in this shot he has just caught the throw from SS and is reaching for the base to force the runner at 3rd. I used high speed sync (SB800) to fill some shadows in the harsh midday sun and it worked out pretty well. I'm most impressed with the D2H metering since it held the white hilights very well.

BTW, the umpire called the base runner out. I could have showed him my LCD to reverse a bad call. :D

1/1500 @ f5.6 ISO 200
    original.

Here's another "both feet off the ground shot". I must say that my D2H has never focused better (after going in for the meter repair a few months back). This is TACK sharp and he's running pretty fast for a kid. :D

70-200VR @ 170mm - 1/500 f6.3
    original.
    Comments always welcome. Thanks for looking.

2. Nice shots Joe. Isn't it fun to watch those little guys play ball?!??? :D :D :D :D :D

3. Hey Joe is that tripping move one that you taught him. :roll: Good shots of a fun game, hope they won.

4. Thanks Bryan and Gordon.

And yes Gordon, I taught him all the good cheat moves. :D