First BBQ of the year!

We barbeque year round here, and at times it is very cold. Still like putting food on the grill! Just have to brush the snow off the grill, light it up, and put on a hat, coat and gloves!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We barbeque year round here, and at times it is very cold. Still like putting food on the grill! Just have to brush the snow off the grill, light it up, and put on a hat, coat and gloves!
I think i'd get some strange looks if i did that round here!!!!!
I could eat BBQ all year though....
This was my first PROPER BBQ......with coals....we've had a gas one for years!
Burnt most of it!!!!! HA :)
Put the food on far to early...just kind of made everything black!!!!

I grill year round too but this is my first BBQ (low & slow cook) of the season (3 weeks ago), bone-in beef short ribs on my WSM. Shot taken with my Blackberry. The following day I smoked a full beef brisket and 2 Boston butts.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Never had or been to a barbeque in my life. Never did it as a family when we were kids and I don't know anybody who does it now.

I think i'd get some strange looks if i did that round here!!!!!
I could eat BBQ all year though....
This was my first PROPER BBQ......with coals....we've had a gas one for years!
Burnt most of it!!!!! HA :)
Put the food on far to early...just kind of made everything black!!!!
Gas grills spoil you. Your charcoal grilling skills atrophy. No shame in that. Been there, done that, burned the cow flesh......

I grilled year round in Colorado partly to elicit those strange looks. Keeping the neighbors off-balance and unsure of you is good tactics. :biggrin:

I think my wife and I are finally going to get a grill this year, one of the big green eggs. I'm a complete noob when it comes to grilling. Any tips one what to try for my first slow and low? I've heard pulled pork is hard to mess up.

Im in the UK, dont need the sun as an excuse to bbq, we do it all year round, roasts are so much better done low and slow with a little wood smoke, i even did the turkey Christmas eve and a 'boston butt' christmas day to go with it.

Smoked a turkey on Saturday, and a salmon Sunday. I also reverse seared some steaks to go with the salmon. I smoke and BBQ year round.

we use our grill like a stove, always cooking rain or shine.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom