First big project = Success

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by icetraxx, Apr 25, 2007.

1. icetraxx

icetraxx

May 7, 2005
    Louisiana
    I shot my first and biggest project about a month ago. My wifes dance studio pictures. I asked to do it last year and the wife was very apprehensive about it. The person that we have used for the past 5-6 years, messed up for the second year in a row and the parents were not happy. So I convinced her to let me give it a shot this year.

I got a background, a alienbee busy bee kit, and my laptop and did the job.

So far all of the parents are very pleased with the pictures. Parents are coming up to my wife and telling her what a great job that I did and how professional everything was when the pictures were taken. One parent who is a big fan of the previous photographer, gave me the compliment of these were the best dance pictures of her girls that has been taken. They also loved the fact that they could see/proof the pictures before they ordered them.(I shot tethered to a laptop)

So all in all, the parents were pleased, which pleased the wife, which made me happy and I get to do it again next year. It just makes me feel good that people like my work and it justifies all of the work put into what I do.

And a big thanks again to this board. I couldn't have done this without yall.

Larry

2. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Congrats!!!!

3. Good on you Larry, congratulations!
    How about showing a couple here to illustrate your great story?

4. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    x2

5. Good show! Now's a good time to satisfy a little lens lust!! If Mama's happy many nice things can come your way!

PaulC

6. icetraxx

icetraxx

May 7, 2005
    Louisiana
    I'll post up some of my favorites when I get to the house. As far as the lust goes I did sell the 17-55mm and get the Jfenton's beast. I was soo tempted to sell the 70-200mm and 135mm dc and go after the 200mm f2 that was in the for sale section, but it sold before I could make up my mind. A portion of what was made went to the studio and the other paid off the lighting. So I did get something out of the deal.

I recently got the 135mm f2 for my action shooting in theaters and tried it out 2 weeks ago. So far the results look pretty good. It is truly a unique lens that one has to get a feel for.

Thanks again,
    Larry

7. Good job Larry. One needs to keep the DW happy.
    Congrats.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is really wonderful to hear
    Congratulations:))))

9. icetraxx

icetraxx

May 7, 2005
    Louisiana
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017