First "Bird" and First Shots with 70-200VR

K

Ken-L

Went out for some "first shots with my new 70-200VR/f2.8 Nikkor, and I was having a hamburger today, looking out over the marina. This was watching me eat, whatever it is, so that made it fair game for my camera....

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

K

Ken-L

eng45ine said:
Looks very nice to me...were you using a TC?
No TC.... and is an almost "100% crop" of this...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

B

bfjr

Congrats on the new lens.
Looks like it found a good home :)
Very Sharp

Hi Ken:

I'm very impressed with this......and with no TC. Do you know approximately how far away you were from the subject? I have the 70-200VR and I'm usually about 25 feet from the birds and I don't get 100% crops like this. I'm trying to better my hand-holding technique as it is a heavy lens compared to my old 70-300ED.

Thanks.

K

Ken-L

Lisa said:
Hi Ken:

I'm very impressed with this......and with no TC. Do you know approximately how far away you were from the subject? I have the 70-200VR and I'm usually about 25 feet from the birds and I don't get 100% crops like this. I'm trying to better my hand-holding technique as it is a heavy lens compared to my old 70-300ED.

Thanks.
Probably no more than 10 feet.....

K

Ken-L

nburwell said:
Lovely, Ken! Looking forward to more great shoots from the 70-200!
Thanks! I suppose that if I had to choose between my 80-400VR and the 70-200VR, I would keep the 70-200VR and get a TC1.7 for it.

Looks like you got a young Blue bird. Nice shot. Really nice.
Little birds are tough for me around here.

Don't you dare get rid of that 80-400 :>))) I would hate to see any go through withdrawls like I did.

I would actually like to have a second body , one for the 70-200 and one for the 80-400.

Looking for a cheap used D100 lololol

Try to shoot a shuttle launch with a 200. tc or not...lololol 10 miles away.

OMG i am sooooo bad.

K

Ken-L

Gale said:
Looks like you got a young Blue bird. Nice shot. Really nice. Little birds are tough for me around here.

Don't you dare get rid of that 80-400 :>))) I would hate to see any go through withdrawls like I did. OMG i am sooooo bad.
Thanks Gale, I won't, I can't, how can I give up VRVRVRooom!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom